Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day....Great Weekend








Sorry that I haven't updated in a while. Trust me having a baby and going back to work has been a little rough. By the time I get through with bottles and Cayden a bath and me a bath it is 10:00pm and time to go to bed. Ah, but it is all worth it.



My first Mother's Day was fantastic and it is one I will never forget. We turned it into a whole weekend of festivities. Bill came in Friday night about 11:00pm. On Saturday, we had a crawfish boil at my parents house. It was just my parents, me and Bill, Chase, Cayden, Phillip and Justin Justice.We bought 65 pounds of crawfish and boiled them in a turkey fryer. And we really did put a big dent in them. We had some left over but within 2 days they were gone. Bill was boiling crawfish from about 3:00 till about 9:00. He was tired. My mom wanted the crawfish boil for Mother's Day, so she received. My mother got me flowers and a card (that made me cry), my dad got me a beautiful picture album from Arnett's that was silver and had Cayden's name engraved in it, Bill got me a dozen long stemmed roses (my favorite kind) and a card from him and a card from Cayden. The card from Cayden had Cayden's footprints and handprints in it. Bill bought a finger paint set and put Cayden's signature on the card. Cayden had blue toes all day long. It was so nice. Bill really suprised me because he put alot of thought into it. He did good.



This is a really good picture of Cayden. One of my favorites right now.

A couple of weeks ago, I came to Bastrop for the weekend and my friend Lynda was in town visiting her parents. Lynda was my best friend back in grade school. So I went and spent one afternoon hanging out with her and catching up with her parents. Good Times!! It was her first time seeing Cayden and I have to say I think she was smitten (I put that word in for you Lynda). She wanted to take Cayden back to Florida with her. Anyway, I had a good time catching up with her and D-Dub. Her dad still cracks up.

Till next time,

Love to all,

Linzay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smitten to say the least. I'm just going to say if he ever goes missing, don't look at my house!
I had a wonderful time with both of you and he could be the most fabulous kid on the planet. We will have to do it again SOON!!