Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

I know it has been awile. But I got lots of updates. I will save all of that for later. Lets start off with Memorial Day weekend last week. My immediate family usually gets together on this holiday to remember all the men who have lost their lives and the veterens who have served their country just for our freedom. I can't express my thanks and my gratitude for all of the bravery and courage that these men posess.

So, we always get together and cook and hang out with family on this day!

To start off, here is a picture of Bill. Handsome, huh?


This is a picture of the bridge my dad built for my mom for Mother's Day. It was actually finished after Mother's Day but was considered her present. My mom and dad have a natural river that runs through their backyard when it rains. It can stay wet and muddy for a couple of days afterwards if it rains real hard. So Mom wanted a bridge to walk over.


I love this picture so much because of a couple of reasons. 1) I love the background for some reason. 2) Cayden's hand is on his daddy's leg. 3) most important...it is on my thinking bench...a little background...this bench was my Mamaw Verna's patio bench. When she died my mom and dad gave the patio furniture to my other grandmother. When Mom and Dad built the pool and put in the black lamp posts at the end of the pool, they knew that bench was meant to go there. So dad got the bench back and painted it black to match. This is my most favorite spot at my parents house. I always go out and sit on this bench at night (when I smoke) and look up at the stars and think of my Mamaw Vern (HeHe)! My fav spot! Okay, too much information but thought it was needed.

Glad I got the shot when I did because Cayden decided he had sit there too long...literally sitting there all of 3 seconds.
In action and on the move again!

My favorite picture of the day! His blue eyes really pop in this picture.


Daddy and Cayden walking around the pool.


This is my grandmother (mom's mom). On special occasions when the WHOLE family is not getting together.we always stop by and bring Mamaw Betty up to the house when we cook and celebrate. She loves it.


Cayden checking out Papaw's garden...notice dad's rose garden in the back.


Cayden and Gretchen. I love this picture and it needs no description at all.



This is Cayden on the bridge. I swear he walked across it all day long. He loves it even if Nana thinks it is too high and too steep.


This next pic of my mom and Cayden. Cayden loves this swing and wants my mom to sit with him everytime they go in the backyard.


Cute pic of Cayden!


My crazy dad decided he could stand the water and jumped right in. It was cold, about 78 degrees. Really cold in my book. He stayed in for about 30 minutes but whether he will admit it or not (warmed up once he was in) he froze.

If you can look at the next picture and say that Cayden is not the most beautiful little boy that every smiled with all his heart, call your local mental hospital. This boy is the light of my life.



This is my dad's garden this year. I don't know how well you can see it but he has a fabulous garden going this year. It includes beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, etc. I know I forgot some things and he might just kill me because we usually walk around the garden every time I go visit. Oh, the whole reason I took the picture was to take the picture of dad's new invention/find on the internet. He made these earth boxes and put 4 tomato plants (2 in each one). The plants are planted in rubbermaid tubs and if you look hard you can see them in gray tubs in the front to the left a little bit. Dad built these things with PVC pipe inserted to water them every couple days. The tomatoes are doing fantastic and are much bigger than the ones he planted at the same time in regular beds.


Loving this picture. Three of the MOST important men in my life. Different love for each one but each one holds a very special place in my heart. And if you three are wondering where you rank...sorry men, little man out ranks you. HaHa!


This is my fabulous deddy (as I pronounce it because I am southern/redneck, whatever you want to call it). But he is one fabulous man who loves despite all my flaws. He is checking out the pool.

Cayden made a bee-line for the pool pump (behind the fence in the foreground). Bill caught him just in time and re-directed him.

This is my little man being a big boy in the chair all by himself.

This last one is just an extra to end this post with. I know yall are so jealous that you are not the mom of this sweet little boy.


Okay, just a little update on me. I took finals for Maymester at ULM today. 2 classes down 3 more to go all before August 6th. I am supposed to graduate on August 15th. Keep your fingers crossed.
I have to end on this story about tonight that I thought was so cute. I went and picked Cayden up from daycare today (just me and him Bill left last night). We swung by McDonalds and got some grub. Come home, ate, played for about an hour, got a bath (him not me, I am going to in a minute), then he went to the kitchen door...which I knew meant he was ready for his milk bottle (whole nother story to come at a later date- I know he should be winged by now). After his nightly routine of me holding him and him drinking his bottle, he handed my the bottle and wiggled. I thought he was going to sleep. But I could see his eyes open and they were slowing closing. I was praying he would go to sleep and that I could get some laundry done, dishes, etc. He turned around and lays his chest to mine. I know he is about to go. Then all the sudden he pops up (sitting up) gives the cutest grin I think I have ever seen him do and says "bye bye". He lays back down and goes right to sleep out for the night. Isn't that the best story.
I live for the little moments like that. Just wish Bill was here to witness it. It was adorable. Makes all my hard work with i,t at the end of the day, to experience a moment like that. I think I am good for another 2 weeks. On that note...I got to go take a shower!
Love to all,
Linzay

No comments: